Slow cooker Chicken Marsala for a cozy fall night, date night or impress your guests with this easy and sinful dish. Comes together effortlessly and seriously tastes amazing! Enjoy with a glass of wine and linguine or crusty bread to dip in the sauce with a side salad. Who needs a restaurant when you can be your own personal chef. 😌
* 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
* 2 cups button or cremini mushrooms sliced
* 2-3 shallots, chopped
* 1 Tbs dried thyme
* 1 cup chicken broth
* 1 1/2 cup marsala wine
* 2-3 Tbs cornstarch
* Splash of heavy cream
* Chopped parsley, for garnish
* Salt and pepper, season chicken well
1. Rinse chicken and pat dry with paper towel. Season well with salt and pepper.
2. Place your chicken breasts at the bottom of the slow cooker on low heat.
3. Place chopped shallots and sliced mushrooms
4. In a separate bowl stir in chicken broth, cornstarch, and Marsala wine and pour mixture into the slow cooker.
5. Add dried thyme and season, to taste.
6. Cook for 4 1/2 hours on low heat
7. For the last 10 minutes add a finishing touch of heavy cream and turn on high heat.
8. Plate over pasta or serve with crusty bread and salad. Garnish w chopped parsley. Drool!