The main factor I love most about cooking is how much we get to experiment in the kitchen. Today got a little creative when my initial plan was to make an overrated eggplant parmesan turned into a skillful masterpiece that fulfill all your cravings in one dish! My first thoughts were where am I going with this and whatever it is I’m confident it will turn out to be a success! Luckily, I was right and was savoring every bite leading towards an empty plate and a smile on my face.
- 1 store bought Unbaked Pizza Dough (roll out round or rectangular to a thin crust form)
- 8-10 cooked and drained Lasagna noodles
- packet of shredded mozzarella
- 15-20 Mozzarella, sliced
- 1 large Eggplant cut to 1/2 in thick slices
- 1 jar Marinara sauce ( I like”Silver Palate Marinara”)
- Italian breadcrumbs
- Parmesan/Romano (to taste)
- 2 Tbs Parsley, to garnish
- Heat oven to 350. Heat large pan with 2 Tbs Olive oil
- Dredge eggplant slices in egg wash then in Italian bread crumbs
- Fry eggplant in batches and lay on paper towel to drain excess oil
- Bake pizza dough per instructions. All layering ingredients are ready!
- Start layering by spreading about 3/4 cup of Marinara on baked pizza dough
- Next layer shredded mozzarella to cover pizza
- Layer eggplant slices to cover
- Lay lasagna noodles to cover pizza (no worries about overlapping)
- Spread another 3/4 cup Marinara to cover eggplant
- Layer with sliced mozzarella
- Repeat layers from step 6-10 (optional)
- Top with parmigiana/romano cheese and Italian bread crumbs
- Bake uncovered 350for approximately 35-45 minutes until cheese is melted and top is golden
Now pour yourself a glass on Pinot Grigio and enjoy this unique comfort food that you have created from three favorite Italian dishes, Pizza, Eggplant Parmesan, and Lasagna! Bellissimo!!!