Good morning fellow foodies! Meant to post this during the festivities of the holidays, but got a bit sidetracked. Hope everyone has been having a beautiful start in the new year! I’m so grateful to bring in 2017, knowing that 2016 was filled with experience, travel, and love. I am eternally blessed for all my supporters, and the ones who have inspired and motivated me through this culinary adventure. For all my red meat lovers, my mom makes an incredible roast every year and it’s never failed to satisfy our palates. The juice and seasonings match so perfectly, you may just end up eating the whole roast in one night like we did. ;-).
- 3-10 Ib. Roast
- Salt (kosher)
- Black pepper (fresh ground)
- 4-6 Garlic cloves (optional)
- Set roast out approx. 3 hours prior to bring to room temp. so that it cooks evenly
- Bone in- Have butcher cut roast away from bone and tie together, which makes it an easy cut
- Use kosher salt generously and rub roast with black pepper
- If using garlic make small slits of different area’s of the rib roast and slide the garlic into the slit
- Oven preheat to 500 degrees
- Once the rib roast has come to room temperature and has been seasoned you can put your rib roast into the oven for 15 minutes
- Bring down the oven temperature to 325 degrees and cook 15 minutes per pound after that point ie; a 10 pound roast will be cooked medium to medium rare in approximately 2 hours, gage your time, temperature, and size of roast. You never want to overcook this special piece of meat.
- When the cooking time is done you take out roast and place on a cutting board with an aluminum tent (loose) for 10-15 minutes to let the juices settle into the meat. During that time you can finalize sides and get everything ready.
Get your iron on with”Mama’s famous roast”!